The computer programs developed by the department, such as ANAREDE (power flow), ANATEM (Transient Stability Analysis), ANAFAS (short circuit calculation), HarmZs (Harmonic Analysis), PacDyn (Small Signal Stability Analysis), FLUPOT (optimal power flow), NH2 (reliability analysis) and PLANTAC (Transmission Planning Considering the Economic Value of Reliability), meet the needs of studies of the agents that act in the Brazilian electricity sector. In addition to Eletrobras enterprises, the Center also provides software to the Ministry of Mines and Energy and industry organizations, such as the Electric System National Operator (ONS), the Energy Research Company (EPE) and the Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency (ANEEL). Generation, transmission and distribution companies, state owned and private also use Cepel’s software, as well as consultants and universities. Cepel develops specific actions oriented to engineering education, providing free reduced versions for universities.
See here information on licensing and training.
- ANAFAS - Analysis of Simultaneous Faults
- ANAREDE - Network Analysis Program
- ANATEM - Analysis of Electromechanical Transients
- CDUEdit - User-Defined Controller Editor
- EditCepel - Text Editor for Network Analysis Applications
- FLUPOT - Optimal Power Flow
- HarmZs - Electrical Network Harmonic Studies and Modal Analysis
- PacDyn – Analysis and Control of Electromechanical Oscillations in Power Systems
- PLANTAC – Transmission Planning with Reliability Worth
- PlotCepel – Graphical Visualization of Network Analysis Results
- FormCepel – User-defined Report Generator
- NH2 – Probabilistic and Reliability Analysis